My career in the legal, engineering, real estate and academic fields are extensive and focused into the Real Estate Business. I have enjoyed a reputation as a passionate and dedicated executive that has made a personal commitment of contributing to the practice of law through my private practice and academic legacy.
For the past years, I have dedicated most of my time to round my professional career in a variety of disciplines that are intertwined. My resume clearly indicates my experience and qualifications, including:
- Over Ten (10) years of experience as an attorney. Admitted to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico State Bar and six (6) different Federal Courts: ( US Court for the District of Puerto Rico; US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit; US Court of Federal Claims; US Court of International Trade, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims; US Court for the Northern District of Texas).
- Experience conducting administrative, civil and criminal litigation activities, including: drafting of pleadings, motions and briefs, and administrative hearings, as well as judicial hearings y civil and criminal cases in both state and federal courts.
- Over twenty (20) years in supervisory roles and as Independent Professional Engineer.
- Over twenty (20) years in supervisory roles and as Real Estate Broker. I served on the board of directors of one of Puerto Rico’s first Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) that was slated to go public in 2008, and served as Director of Real Estate Strategic Development Office in PRIDCO, which is the largest and most important landlord of the Caribbean Area, with more than 800 industrial buildings, totaling more than 24 million square feet and with revenues exceeding 104 million dollars per year.
- One (1) year of experience as Professor teaching courses in law (Social Sciences, Mercantile Law, Basic and Advanced Criminology).
- Three (3) years of experience as Teaching Assistant (Law School)
- Over twenty (20) years of experience as Professor in Real Estate teaching professional students with a background in law, real estate, engineering and surveying. Such courses include, without limiting: Environmental Hazards and Environmental Laws and Disclosure, such as: Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, Solid Waste Disposal Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, among others. Acting as Mentor to many students.
- Experience as Media Expert in Public Radio Talk Show covering political issues Demographics include professional audiences.
- Over twenty (20) years of experience in public speaking before professional audiences.
I welcome the opportunity of having a conversation about the projects I’m developing, it might be of a mutual benefit.
Ivan Remus, P.E., Esq.