From failure to Success…
An interview with Ivan Remus for Success Magazine
The interview took place at “El Conquistador, a Waldorf Astoria Resort”. What an astonishing view!
The warm breeze reminds you that you are in the Caribbean, a perfect 80 F tells you that it is November already. The decoration in the garden looks like an invitation to the ceremony that is about to happen.
“El Conquistador” is a stunning luxury resort in Puerto Rico. Set 17 km from the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest System, better known as “El Yunque National Forest.” This upscale, Oceanside resort is also 2.3 km from Seven Seas Beach and manages the facilities of Palomino Island, which is a 100-acre oasis straight east of Fajardo. This island is a small piece of paradise off the eastern coast of Puerto Rico, which can only be reached by water taxi!
Mr. Remus, or Ivan, as he prefers to be called, is waiting for us, comfortably sited along with his beautiful wife.
SFH. Define Success.
- IR. Success, by definition (at least in my dictionary), is obtaining the desired results. In contrast, when you don’t get the desired result, “you learn.” People call it “failure” when they don’t get what they want. I instead prefer to call it a “learning process” because it is a more positive point of view.
The most notorious quote from Thomas A. Edison is: “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” I instead prefer another excellent quote from him: “The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
“The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time”.
-Thomas A. Edison
SM. But you have savior success on many occasions, isn’t that right?
- IR. That is an interesting question, and I’m glad you asked. People tend thinking I’ve been successful all my life—at least professional speaking. I am an attorney at law, a professional engineer, a real estate broker, a writer. I have had a total of 10 professional licenses. But despite my apparent Success in my career, I always felt diminished.
I was living a life full of fear and from a scarcity point of view. I never had enough money or time to share the moments in life with my family. I was always in “survival mode” instead of “living to my full potential mode.”
That is when I stumbled upon one of the wonderful videos of one of my mentors, Mark J., and the excellent self-improvement program Master Key Master Mind Alliance (MKMMA).
Even when I entered the program, I tasted “failure.” I was forced to quit the program in week 16. But perseverance could easily be my nickname. I re-entered the program the very next year, and stuck on it! What a big difference this program made in my life!
SM. I can notice how your eyes vibrate with a brilliant vibe when you mention that. Was that so important?
- Yes indeed! You need to live it to believe it. I won’t tell you any more about it. I am just inviting you to allow yourself to reach your max potential.
You asked me about being successful.
To me, being successful is when you reach a balance in your well-being start. This “start” has 6 points:
- Emotional: You need to be in harmony with yourself.
- Physical: you need to be in good shape, eat healthy, hydrate, sleep, and move well.
- Intellectual: you need to develop your intellect. You need to be always with the curiosity of a child.
- Spiritual: I’m not talking about religion; I’m talking about your spiritual being. Whatever you decided to believe in, you need to be in harmony.
- Social / Family: you need to be in harmony with your family, your society, and your environment.
- And financial (money): I have discovered that this fifth point of my star is in many cases, the bi-product of all the other parts of my start being in harmony.
SM: So, Ivan, in few words, how did you get to be so successful? And what is next for you?
IR: Those are two great questions. What turned things around for myself, and my team was that we concentrated on core values and followed the lessons from mentors and friends.
Among my mentors, I can mention James Wedmore and his incredible program Business By Desing (BBD), Jeff Walker, and his program Product Launch Formula (PLF), Ryan Levesque and his Ask Method, Ray Edwards, and his book Copy that Sales, Stefan James, and his Master Life Formula Program, my excellent friend Gord Isman.
I became an avid reader and learner. And most importantly, I implemented what I have learned (Thank you, Gord!).
As for what’s next, I’m sure it will better than it is now. The assets I have built up will provide for my family. Sometimes, when thinking about what has transpired in my life, I find myself with an unanticipated smile on my face that stretches from ear to ear! It makes me laugh!
SM: Thank you, Ivan, for such an enlightening interview and look into your Success and life. I look forward to seeing you in person again soon.
IR: That would be marvelous! Thank you for taking the time to visit us in this little piece of paradise to interview us.
SM: Thanks again, Ivan. I wish you all the contentment that a great life like yours deserves.